Frequently Asked Questions

What is SEVIS I-901 fee ?

The SEVIS I-901 fee is the fee that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) collects to cover the costs of the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). International students who are applying for a student (F-1) visa are subject to this fee. The collected fee will be used to administer and maintain the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), support compliance activities, and establish SEVIS Liaison Officers to provide information and assistance to students and schools. The payment of SEVIS I-901 fee will be recorded and tracked in SEVIS, the automated system for collecting, maintaining, and managing information about nonimmigrant student and exchange visitors in the United States.

How much is the SEVIS I-901 fee ?

$350 per F-1 visa applicant.

When do I pay the SEVIS I-901 fee ?

You must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee after you receive your I-20 from our school and at least 5 business days before going to the U.S. embassy or consulate for your visa interview.

How do I pay the SEVIS I-901 fee?

The fastest and most convenient method to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee is by using a credit card and paying online at You can also pay the SEVIS I-901 fee through Hollywood College.

What information do I need to fill out on the SEVIS  I-901 form?

You can fill out the information referring to your I-20, in addition also know your personal information, such as date of birth, and address.

How do I apply for a student visa?

Generally,  U.S. Embassy requires that you submit a valid passport, valid I-20 issued by a U.S. school, and financial support documents when you apply for a student visa. However, Hollywood College strongly suggests that you contact your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate immediately for further details or updated information. Keep in mind that processing time varies by country so you should plan ahead.

Am I qualified to apply for F-1 visa, if I choose your school?

Of course, you can submit the I-20 issued by Hollywood College to the U.S. Embassy to obtain  F-1 Student Visa. Hollywood College is authorized by the United States to issue I-20 forms and accept foreign student, who plan to enroll as a full-time student (more than 18 hours per week).

How do I get an I-20?

You must apply to Hollywood College. If you  qualify then we will process your application and send the I-20 to you.

How do I apply to Hollywood College?

  • You can apply to Hollywood College by submitting an application form in person
  • You can complete the online application form at
  • You can print the application form on our website, complete and mail it to the following address:

Hollywood College
3470 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 350
Los Angeles, CA. 90010 USA

What else do I have to send to Hollywood College when I apply?

In addition to application form (not necessary if you apply online), you must send financial support documents (e.g. bank statement), copy of passport, Diploma / Certificate and pay the following:

Application Fee – $100 *non refundable
Processing Fee (includes: student-school correspondence, document support) – $100 *non refundable

SEVIS Fee $350 (optional) *non refundable
Shipping & Handling fee – $100 (optional) *non refundable

When will Hollywood College process my application?
In order to process your application, Hollywood College must receive your documents require and the following fees must be paid:

Application fee – $100 *non refundable
Processing fee(includes: student-school correspondence, document support) – $100*non refundable
SEVIS Fee $350 (optional) *non refundable
Shipping & Handling fee – $100 (optional) *non refundable

Other service fees must also be paid if you request any of the following service(s):

All fees must be paid in U.S. dollars to Hollywood College when you apply. The application fee and express mailing fees are one-time fees and are not refundable.

What is a financial support document?

Financial support document is simply a letter, issued by your bank or financial institution, showing that sufficient funds are available to meet both your tuition and living expenses while study at Hollywood College. The letter could be in the form of a personal bank statement or an original verification letter from your bank. Please note that the letter must be in English.

If the letter from your bank is not available, you may submit an affidavit of support from your parents or sponsor stating they will be responsible for your expenses. However, you must send a bank statement or bank verification letter verifying their financial ability.

We suggest that you make sufficient copies of all financial documentation because you will also submit the same financial documentation to the U.S. embassy when you apply for student visa.

How do I make payments after I have applied?

You can send a bank draft, a cashier’s check, or an international money order, in U.S. dollars made payable to Hollywood College, or you may wire transfer money directly to our bank account. For all types of payment, except for Wire Transfer, please send payment to:

Hollywood College
3470 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 350
Los Angeles, CA. 90010 USA
For Wire Transfer, you must contact our office ( to receive the necessary information.

Hollywood College is not responsible for any transfer fees or bank charges; therefore, you must add $50 to total amount when you transfer money to our bank account.

Important: Please send confirmation of your payment to
Hollywood College by FAX at 1-213-402-5533 or e-mail at

What is the deadline to apply to Hollywood College?
Since Hollywood College has three modules in each quarter, which gives flexible start dates, there is no specific deadline for applying to our school. However, please keep in mind that you should send an application and appropriate fees as early as possible. We suggest that you send your application at least 8 weeks prior to your course date. This ensures that Hollywood College has enough time to process your application and mail your I-20 to you, to assure that you receive your I-20 prior to applying for a student visa.

How can you make sure that I will receive my I-20 after I pay?

Your I-20 will be shipped by the express mail services. Using express mail service guarantees that you will receive your I-20 and other necessary documents in a short period of time. It usually takes around 7 business days. As a result, we also require that you send $100 for Shipping & Handling service. If you are currently residing in the United States, please contact our office for additional information.

What types of housing arrangements are made available to students?
While Hollywood College does provide housing literature and other informational material regarding housing to students (e.g. flyers, brochures, web links, and list of student housing organizations), it does not provide any assistance with housing arrangements; as such, Hollywood College does not secure, assess or evaluate student housing locations.

Is Hollywood College accessible to public transportation?

Hollywood College is in the heart of Los Angeles, which makes it accessible to different means of public transportation. Our campus is located near the  Wilshire Boulevard and Normandie Avenue, both of which are main streets with regular and express bus services that connect to numerous bus lines. The subway station for the Metro Purple Line is also located at the corner of Wilshire and Normandie. You can take the Purple Line to Union Station or connect to the Red Line and visit Hollywood Boulevard, if you so choose.

Does Hollywood College have student parking?

If you choose to drive a car to school, there is an adjacent parking structure where students are allowed to park with the school’s validation for a reduced fee. Metered street parking is also available.